XModeler (originally called XMF-Mosaic) is a meta-modelling platform
that supports a range of modelling activities including:
XModeler is available under the Eclipse Public
License and is available to download
here (id: dev, password: dev123).
- Basic class-based systems modelling.
- Model queries and transformations.
- Model-to-code transformation.
- Meta-modelling (like UML profiles) using meta-packages.
- Executable modelling using the XOCL executable programming
language (based on OCL).
- Language definition (both textual DSLs and graphical DSLs).
Once downloaded, there is extensive documentation available by clicing
on the Getting Help link as
The help system should start in your browser as shown below:
XModeler runs an embedded instance of the XMF language engine (the
console window in blue above).
XModeler can also be used as an IDE for developing XMF applications so
check out the XMF documentation too.