Senior Lecturer in Computer Science
Department of Computer Science, School of Science and Technology, Middlesex University London, United Kingdom
The Burroughs, London NW4 4BT, United Kingdom
Office: TG03 Town Hall Building, Hendon Campus (getting there)
Tel: +44 20 84116321
t.chen#mdx.ac.uk; taolue.chen#gmail.com [@/#]
(Usually I respond to every message unless I am offline. If you do not get my feedback in a reasonable period, please call me.)
· Formal Verification and Synthesis of Stochastic Systems, including Modelling, Specification, Algorithm, Complexity, and Application;
· Program Verification, Modal and Temporal Logic, Automata and Language Theory, Game Theory, Finite Model Theory, Quantum Information Processing;
· Concurrency, Process Algebra, Mobility;
· Mathematical Logic, Complexity Theory, Control Theory, Information Theory, Mathematics in general;
It is difficult to specify my interests precisely, so the topics listed above are a very rough approximation. Basically I find that problems from theoretical computer science and mathematics attract me mostly. Nevertheless, please feel free to drop me a message if you have any problem which you might want to discuss with me.
I'm interested in supervising PhD projects broadly related to any of my research interests above. For candidates from China, please also refer to China Scholarship Council for funding opportunities.
· Distributed Systems and Networking (CSD2600)
· Software Development and Projects (CSD2221)
· Quantum Information Processing, Verification, and Security (CSD3401)
I am currently a senior lecturer at Middlesex University London, School of Science and Technology, Department of Computer Science, which I joined as a lecturer in September 2013. I am a member of the Foundations of Computing research group. From 2011 to 2013, I was a research assistant (postdoctoral researcher) at University of Oxford, Department of Computer Science (previously known as the Computing Laboratory), Quantitative Analysis and Verification Group (QAV), which is a part of the Automated Verification research theme. From 2009 to 2010, I was a postdoctoral researcher at the Faculty of Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, and Computer Science, Chair Formal Methods and Tools and Chair Design and Analysis of Communication Systems of the University of Twente in Enschede, The Netherlands. From 2005 to 2009, I did the Phd study at Centrum voor Wiskunde en Informatica (CWI) in Amsterdam, The Netherlands. I acquired the doctorate from Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam (see here for my thesis and defence). I also hold bachelor and master degrees, both in Computer Science, from Nanjing University, China.
- Postal address: Department of Computer Science, Middlesex University, The Burroughs, London NW4 4BT, United Kingdom
- Fax: +44 (0)20 8411 5315 (Please use only when it is strictly necessary and indicate my name and office.)