The members of the group are:
- Dr. Roman Belavkin - information dynamics, information geometry, optimisation of learning, adaptive and evolving systems, cognitive modelling (ACT-R).
- Dr. Jaap Boender - formal methods, automated theorem proving.
- Dr. Xiaochun Cheng - intelligent systems, real time planning and scheduling, mineral resource, stock market prognosis, web-based information sharing, knowledge discovery, computer aided education
- Prof. Xiaohong Gao - image retrieval databases, computer vision.
- Dr. Carlisle George - law and AI, intelligent tutoring and learning environments, and cognition.
- Prof. Christian Huyck - natural language processing and neural nets.
- Dr. Florian Kammueller - formal methods, interactive theorem proving, security.
- Dr. Ian Mitchell - neural nets and genetic algorithms.
- Dr. Barry Nichols - reinforcement learning, artificial neural networks and evolutionary algorithms.
- Dr. Peter Passmore - vision, image processing.
- Dr. Franco Raimondi - modal and temporal logic, system verification.
- Dr. Daming Shi - Machine Learning, Neural Network, Pattern Recognition, Image Processing, Web Search & Web Mining.
- Dr. Serengul Smith - intelligent tutoring systems.
- Ms. Gill Whitney - assistive technology, cognitive models.
- Dr. David Windridge - I have multidisciplinary research interests centred on Machine Learning (including kernel methods, classifier-fusion and multimodal biometrics) and Cognitive Systems/Cognitive Science.
- Dr. Oyewole Oyekoya - medical imaging.
- Moty Ben-Dov - text mining.
- Ammar Zayouna
- Payam Rahmdel
Recent PhD Graduates
- Dr. Pawel Chwalinski
- Dr. Dmitri Iourinski - reasoning under uncertainty.
- Dr. Richard Bowles - recurrent neural networks. Theis: Investigating the storage capacity of a network with cell assemblies.
- Dr. Le Thanh Huong - dialogue parsing and text summarisation.
- Dr. Viviane Orengo - cross linguistic information retrieval.
- Dr. Hina Ghalib - sequence learning with neural nets.
- Dr. Kailash Nadh - associative memory
- Dr. Fawad Jamshed - vision, cell assemblies.
- Dr. Ian Kenny - Reference resolution in conversational systems.
- Dr. Artemis Parvizi
- Dr. Jade Qian - image retrieval.